Side brush gets tangled in carpet

Side brush gets tangled in carpet

I had a Neato Botvac for 7 years that recently quit working. I didn’t realize how convenient it was to have. Neato does not have a self-empty option, so I searched web reviews and found roborock to generally be reviewed as a very good manufacturer. I believe those reviews, because the robot is in fact really good. Its navigation and ability to get itself out of trouble are phenomenal. It has a fatal flaw though. The silicone side brush gets tangled in my area rugs. The robot basically ties itself to the floor until it cannot move. Roborock does not offer any other types of brushes, and the ‘fixes’ are comical. ‘Make the area rugs a no-go area, remove the side brush, etc”. Just a quick note to the support folks, this is a floor vacuum cleaner; it should not be defeated by floors and objects that are commonly used as flooring. It’s going back.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Update: Roborock support reached out and are offering to send a three-arm brush to try. Hopefully this works. I do appreciate them making an effort.

Like0
  • Same issue here. Just allow us to turn off the brush when carpet is detected... Simple solution.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member12/10/2022      08:19
    @Jimmiepens:

Thanks for posting. We're always looking for ways to improve the user experience and we appreciate your feedback.

For more help, feel free to reach out to our support team at support@roborock.com(if you are in EU, contact support@roborock-eu.com).

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Disappointed
Welcome to Roborock Forum