Roborock S7 MaxV Ultra Robot Vacuum with Empty Wash Fill Dock - ISSUES!!!! BEWARE!!!

Roborock S7 MaxV Ultra Robot Vacuum with Empty Wash Fill Dock - ISSUES!!!! BEWARE!!!

When I first got my MaxV Ultra, I was thrilled! After only 6 months I'm having issues and also missing some features that need to be in the software suite:

1) Rubber side brush buries itself and tangles in medium pile carpet.

2) Even with a camera and collision avoidance, it will still have issues getting a room if it when it comes in contact with a barstool and getting around said barstool. Are you even using that camera?

3) Charging issues. It docks well, but the charging contacts are beginning to go bad. At times it will stop charging, come off the base, and try to reseat itself. Sometimes it works, sometimes it just comes off the dock, spits a charging error and just sits there. I'm going to try some contact cleaner.

4) Maps change on their own. The maps, after some time, begin to degrade. It merges or expands rooms and starts cleaning where it's not supposed to. Causing me to reload backup maps.

5) Mop detaches. A few times I've had the mop detach on it's own. I know this because I think it's mopping, when I check there were no mop cleanings. I just tap the back of the mop and it clicks back into place and tells me the mop is attached.

6) When creating the maps, it saw outside of sliding glass doors and called those spaces rooms. I'm unable to delete them. This is preventing me from splitting up valid rooms due to room limitations.

7) Not enough no go zones and lines. I'm out and need more. Need the number to be increased!!

8) When zone cleaning, it somehow reverts to mopping and vacuuming. If I'm set to customize and even if the customization is set to vacuum only.

9) When sending the robot to a room via voice, it should always use the customization setting. It does not. If the app is accidentally set to mopping and vacuuming, it will do that.

These are FAR TOO MANY issues for such an expensive robot after such a short period of time which really makes me concerned for the future.

I understand that there is a lot of complexity with this robot and base, but I have owned Neatos, Deebots, and 360s and have never had this many issues.

I'm "this close" to making a YouTube video to warn people about these issues. I'm hoping Roborock can make this right and without asking for a hundred videos and photos.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hello,

Thanks for posting. We are sorry to hear that your device did not work well. 

The issues you faced may not be solved in a short answer. We hope we could work with you to locate the cause and address it. Would you please contact us at support@roborock.com so that we can better assist? 

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PBusardo
Welcome to Roborock Forum