Roborock S7 MaxV Plus refuses to enter area within open-plan space

Roborock S7 MaxV Plus refuses to enter area within open-plan space

I recently purchased a Roborock S7 MaxV Plus to clean a large (400 square meter) open-plan carpetted hall with very few obstacles (only the occasional pillar). The vacuum works perfectly, except that it refuses to enter the black circle below:

Any ideas?

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Note that it treats the edge of the circle as a wall, despite there being no obstacle there - it's just the same carpet. I've tried:

• initial quick-map
    • full clean (with invisible walls to force it near the circle, as you can see above)
    • spot clean
    • pin and go
    • zone clean (with a zone around the circle)

During any of these, the vacuum not only refuses to enter, but it actually get confused near the edge, and starts swirling around.

Like0
  • I've even manually remote controlled it to force it to enter the circle, but it starts going backwards (despite me pressing the forward arrow) when it gets to the edge. Once, I managed to get inside the circle, but the roborock then got so confused, I couldn't get it out again because it thought it was stuck from all sides.

I can get the lidar to manually map most of the inside of the circle, using pin-and-go and remote control to get it to travel around the edge, but look inwards. But that doesn't help it to enter.

There is nothing stuck to the vacuum to cause this, and it works flawlessly in the rest of the hall.

On further research, I assumed it was a magnetic problem BUT,

* I tested the magetism inside and outside the circle, and it was no different (about 50uT)

* I read that the S7 models don't even have this problem, since they don't have the magnetic sensor

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member06/19/2023      01:54
    @Sohail:

Our robot doesn't fit house with few furniture. The robot is using laser to recognize the plan of room. Therefore, it needs reference object to locate itself. If the place is clear without some objects or no objects at all, robot will not know where it is and it will cause a lot of issue like wrong map, recharge failure.

The robot is not defective. It's a product designed for ordinary house use only.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sohail
Welcome to Roborock Forum