Loud rattle noise from Roborock S50

Loud rattle noise from Roborock S50

Hello,

i bought a used roborock s50 but it has a loud rattling noise that probably comes from the main brush.

Does anyone have any advice on how to get rid of it? I have already cleaned it thoroughly.

Thanks a lot and best,

Moritz

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hello Moritz,

Thanks for your info.

Try to uninstall the main brush and start the robot to verify whether the noise issue still persists.

Also, you can send us a short video of this abnormal sound for reference.

Like0
    mowsn
    mowsn09/23/2020      06:09
    @RR_Support:

Thanks for your fast answer - i will try to uninstall the main brush later to detect the noise issue.

Here is video from my roborock with the loud noise: https://youtu.be/bF7Bj9OEAuY

Thanks for your help!

Like0
    mowsn
    mowsn09/23/2020      08:27
    @RR_Support:

I checked it and i‘m pretty sure the reason for the noise is the main brush housing hanging to low. So the cover of the main brush will rub on the floor. Just without the main brush but with the „main brush cover“ on it, the noise does not disappear. As soon as i uninstall also the cover of the main brush, the noise is gone.

Do you have a recommondation how to fix it? Where are the springs for the main brush unit?

thanks a lot!

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member09/25/2020      06:35
    @mowsn:

As my knowledge, it seems normal, due to the floor is clean, there is a chance that the main brush cover will touch the floor directly. You can keep using it for a few days and then it will be fine. Or you can put some powder on it and verify whether it helps.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

mowsn
Welcome to Roborock Forum