S5 Max cannot use mop anymore - Bugged path + stuck itself in the middle of an empty room

S5 Max cannot use mop anymore - Bugged path + stuck itself in the middle of an empty room

Hello,

It has been more or less a week that I am experiencing issues with the mopping on my S5 Max...

I received it brand new around April this year, and it has been working fine until recently. I always clean my house with mopping enabled (I have tiled floor), and never faced such issues before.

Please see below some screenshot that are self-explanatory.

1) Room cleaning without water tank and mop installed on the robot: good.

2) Room cleaning with water tank and mop installed, but water "disabled" in the settings: good. Slightly different path, but still, the job is done.

3) Room cleaning with water setting to "low": one small bug (the robot decided to not clean a small part of the room???), but still "kind of ok"... However, this water setting is basically useless for me... It's almost as if there is no water at all on the floor......

4) My usual setting that has been working fine until now: water setting "high". As you can see on the screenshot... Complete mess. The robot even "stuck" itself in the middle of the room! I even made a video of the robot with bugged moves in the middle of the room: https://youtu.be/9KvRiAfCP_8

yes, it is "stuck" here... nothing around, flat surface below.......... -__-

As you can see on this map after the cleaning, this mop issue even made the map itself "bugged", by slightly shifting everything on the right :o it looks like as if the robot went through the walls...

So as you can see, I cannot use mopping at all anymore.

The robot is well cleaned by myself twice a week, as per the manual guidelines, and received no shock whatsoever (I have no animals, no kids, and it is placed in an isolated part of the house).

Before doing those tests and screenshots I installed a brand new mop, and what you can see on the screenshots above is the first time it was used.

I also tried re-generating the whole house map from scratch, by deleting the previous one and creating another one. No change, still bugged.

I tried rebooting the reboot completely, and re-connecting to Wi-Fi after a reset. No change, still bugged.

Firmware details in case you need them (they are up-to-date as of 2020-12-22):

Could you please either provide a fix/update asap, roll back to a previous "working" firmware, or simply replace my model? Because as it is now, this robot isn't what I have paid for... It can only vacuum, not mop... :(

Thanks for the support!

Best regards,

Marc

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Freyja
Welcome to Roborock Forum