Any difference in obstacle avoidance between S8 Pro Ultra and S7 Max Ultra

Any difference in obstacle avoidance between S8 Pro Ultra and S7 Max Ultra

Hello,

Is it correct that both S8 Pro Ultra and S7 Max Ultra use the same hardware sensors and the same software algorithm to detect and avoid obstacles ?

I believe the software module is called "ReactiveAI 2.0" for both robots and both robots use the same LiDAR (and possibly camera).

Is it correct that resulting obstacle avoidance is about the same for both robots or maybe one of them performs better or differently than the other?

Thanks,

Mike

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• In the case of the S8, the obstacle avoidance is called "Reactive 3D" instead of "Reactive AI 2.0". There are differences in the hardware. No RGB cameras (so no need for the LED light) etc. I don't know, however, if these changes made avoiding obstacles better or worse

Like1
    MikeL-
    MikeL-06/10/2023      08:44
    @BSBola:

Thank you! I missed that info somehow.

Like0
  • The new S8 Pro Ultra had some difficulty navigating on hard surfaces with a wire from the chair connected to the wall outlet. Its main brushes would pull the wire and cause it to get stuck. On the other hand, the S7 MaxV Ultra never faced this problem. It was able to identify and avoid this specific obstacle, the wire, without any issues.

Like1

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MikeL-
Welcome to Roborock Forum